The projections produced from the pension calculator by our members aren’t binding. The fund and the administering authority (Derbyshire County Council) aren’t responsible for any errors or omissions which are produced by incorrect use of the pension calculator.
The projections provided by this pension calculator are estimates and are provided solely for illustration purposes.
No guarantee or promise
The figures don’t represent any promise or guarantee to benefits you might receive from the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) when you retire.
The accuracy of the pension calculator is dependent on the data that you input.
Seek independent financial advice
The projections shouldn’t be regarded as your only consideration when making decisions in respect of your pension arrangements or wider financial planning. We strongly recommend that you seek independent financial advice in relation to any financial decisions you wish to take.
Your LGPS pension benefits will be subject to limitations imposed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC). Any changes made by HMRC or the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (the Government department responsible for the LGPS) may impact upon these projections.
Your benefit projections are shown in 'today's money', and is based on your current pensionable pay (or current full-time equivalent pensionable pay if you work part-time).
The projections are based on the LGPS rules in force at the date of calculation.
Your personal information
Assumptions used by the pension calculator
Projections are based on the following assumptions:
- Your current pay and working hours remain the same up to your projected retirement date.
- No allowance has been made for salary growth or cost of living increase (CPI revaluation).
- Early/late retirement adjustments don’t change between the date of calculation and your chosen date of retirement.
- No allowance for any transfers in received on or after 1 April 2008.
- No allowance for any added years’ service which began to be purchased after 1 October 2006.
- No allowance for any augmented service awarded on or after 1 April 2008. No allowance for the 50:50 option.
- No allowance for any additional contributions such as additional voluntary contributions (AVCs), additional regular contributions (ARCs), additional pension contributions (APCs), purchase of added years (PAY) or pension credits.
- No allowance for divorce debits, pension sharing orders or earmarking orders that may be applicable.
- Factors for “late increases” applicable for retiring after your State Pension age, are based on the calculation method in place to September 2019. A minor change to factors introduced from September 2019 may result in your estimate being slightly underquoted if your chosen retirement date is when you are aged 67 or over.
- If the assumptions change or your personal circumstances change, the projections will not take into account these changes.
Use the pension calculator
Use the pension calculator now on the Derbyshire County Council website.
Use the pension calculator